Old Town Days & Civil War Reenactment
06/20/2020 - 06/21/2020
Location: Central WA Ag Museum - Fullbright Park
- Join us for Washington State's biggest Living History Weekend with Civil War Reenactment during Union Gap's Old Town Days! This year we're kicking off the event with a Friday evening 21+ Event - 2nd Annual Sun Sips & Suds - A Beer, Wine & Spirits Exhibition!
FREE ADMISSION AND FREE PARKING SAT/SUN thanks to our SPONSORS! Pancake Breakfast hosted by Union Gap Police Department Employee Foundation Saturday morning! History camps open at 10AM Saturday - wander through acres of demonstrations and information about life during the civil war - both at home and on the battlefield, brought to you by the talents of the Washington Civil War Association. This is truly education through entertainment! Stop at "Education Stations" to learn all kinds of facts on the scavenger hunt - turn it in for a prize!
Saturday morning kicks off with a procession in front of the battlefield - soldiers, reenactors, local businesses and more will start the festivities. President Lincoln will speak to the crowd at 11AM, just before the first battle occurs! The day continues with an afternoon battle. Plus historical presentations on a range of topics from the time period. GREAT food from local vendors and food trucks!
Sunday is the final day to come and wander the camps, enjoy the final battle at 11:30, hear President Lincoln and more presentations.
In addition, enjoy a kiddie train ride, old fashioned kids' games, hands on demos, a vintage carnival swing ride, barrel train rides, SELFIE STATIONS to take great family pictures & More! Detailed schedule will be posted closer to the event. Come check it out - FREE ADMISSION, FREE PARKING THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS! This is truly Education through Entertainment!
- Acres of Living History Camps on display with demos on life during the Civil War
- Trading Posts with Merchandise for Sale
- Food and Vendors with items for Sale
- Kiddie Train Rides
- Old Time Kid's Games
- Photo Opportunities
- People Tram and Wagon Tours
- Working Blacksmith Shop
- Abraham Lincoln addresses the crowd
- Historical talks in the ‘Presidential Pavilion’ tent
- Live music Friday
- and much more...
Civil War Information Contact
Alan Geho: 509-985-9135 firstname.lastname@example.org
General Info Contact
Paul Strater: 509-457-8735 email@example.com
All event information subject to change.
Visit www.centralwaagmuseum.org for more information