The Farmer's Market in Union Gap & Fruit City are both open!
Union Gap is known for the amazing fresh produce offered every Sunday at the Farmer's Market in the Valley Mall parking lot and everyday at one of the Yakima Valley's favorite fresh produce stands Fruit City.
The season starts with fresh asparagus in April and then it feels like there are new items that come into harvest each week. The plethora of products available in Washington State is pretty remarkable!
Did you know that:
- Washington is the #1 apple producing state producing about 64% of the nation's apples
- Washington State is the #2 producing potato region in the U.S. - this comes as a surprise to many people
- Washington is now the #1 producer of fresh asparagus in the U.S.
- Fresh mint is another #1 crop in the U.S. for Washington
- Washington is the #1 producer of fresh pears
- Washignton is the #1 producer of dark sweet/red cherries
- Washington State is the #1 producer of the ultra sweet Rainier Cherry
- Washington State is also a high volume producer of grapes, onions, carrots, dry peas, lentils, raspberries, blueberries and more.
When you want the best and freshest produce, you know where to head then - simply to Union Gap!
And while you're here, don't forget it's Asparagus Mania for the entire fresh season and you can enjoy seasonal favorites including:
- Award Winning Asparagus & Pepperjack Tamales at Los Hernandez Tamales
- The always delicious and mouth watering battered asparagus at Major's
- Every Friday, enjoy a grilled asparagus and bacon hot dog at Soup R Dawgs
- And of course, stock up on the best asparagus daily at Fruit City and every Sunday at the Farmer's Market.